Thursday, August 04, 2011

Of Endings and beginnings...

I watched the last Harry Potter Movie yesterday...I delayed watching it, but I eventually had to get to it. I am not the movie-review type, so that's not what I am going to do...but I am going to analyse the unexpected impact it left on the Wundergal world, rather than the Hogwart's world...

I have now been following HP for almost 10 years, waiting for each book and each movie...suddenly its over. Its done. With Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint - I have grown too. Its not a bad thing - its just unsettling. Call me a late bloomer or whatever fancy term u want to use, the hardest thing I have had to come to terms with (which explains some of my previous posts) is the fact that, there is NO control over life. You can dream, you can believe, you can worry, you can cry, you can laugh, you can enjoy, you can hope - every single thing is transitory and what comes next is NOT IN ANYONE'S HANDS....What happens, happens - mostly with no rhyme or reason.

In retrospect, being the story tellers we are designed to be, we attach meanings and cohesively link events as "good" or "bad"...but hey, I am sorry to break the news.. but things (shit and non-shit) happens at its random will. However, inspite of the bleak outlook, there is something I have salvaged of my optimistic myself - borrowing from Viktor Frankl

Life Dearest,
"The one thing you can’t take away from me is the way I choose to respond to what you do to me. The last of one’s freedoms is to choose one’s attitude in any given circumstance."

Thats a new outlook...replacing my everything happens for good and what goes around comes around theory. Ha ha....Feeling smug. (let me for a while...) Which leads me to something Albus Dumbledore says in this HP movie..

Harry: Professor, Is this real or is it all in my head?
Dumbledore; " Obviously Harry, it all in your head - but that does not mean it is NOT real"


It is so unbelievably true, how sometimes life in the head is more perceivable and more real than the reality around!!!!

No comments: